We have extended the drop-off hours!
Tuesday, August 18 & Wednesday, 19.
Submission of work between 11am-7pm
at the Chesterton Art Center.
IA 16TH REGIONAL JURIED SHOW:
We are proud to anounce information regarding Illiana Artists bi-Annual show.
CLICK ON THE BROCHURE TO YOUR RIGHT FOR AN EDITABLE PDF ENTRY FORM
Illiana Artist is an organization with the motto,
“Artists helping artists”
16th Regional Juried Exhibition
CALL FOR ENTRIES - Deadline: August 19th, 2015
JUDGING: August 20, 2015
SHOW: August 30 – September 27, 2015
AUGUST 30: Exhibit opens. Open reception, 2:00-4:00pm.
First Place: $500
Second Place: $300
Third Place: $200
+ additional prizes
ROBERT J. KRAJECKI - IWS
Robert J. Krajecki was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois.
Bob had a deep interest in art. After completing his tour of duty during the Vietnam conBlict in 1967, he committed to pursuing that interest, and enrolled in the American Academy of Art in Chicago,Illinois. He majored in Watercolor painting with nationally known painter, Irving Shapiro, AWS, who was also at that time, President and Director of the Academy.
He studied at the Chicago Academy of Fine Art in Chicago, Illinois. and is a graduate of the American Academy of Art. Two years after graduation, Mr. Shapiro invited Bob to become a full time instructor of Fundamentals of drawing and painting at the American Academy, where he taught for 28 years. He was appointed chairman of that program, a position he held from 1989, until his retirement in 2000.
Currently, Bob teaches Watercolor Painting, Fundamentals of Drawing and Painting and Perspective Drawing at the prestigious Palette and Chisel Academy of Fine Art in Chicago, and Watercolor Painting in his hometown of Kaneville, Illinois.
He is a Signature member of the Illinois Watercolor Society.
Bob released his second book this year, “Exploring the Nature of Watercolor.” His first book is “Put your Paintings in Perspective.” He has taken his years of experience as a watercolorist and instructor and shares his vast knowledge in these comprehensive books.
As an artist/teacher, and judge, I am often asked to judge shows that include artists who are currently studying with me, or who have studied with me in the past.
I hold these artists to a higher standard when judging because they are more familiar with my standards and more likely to achieve them. While this may not seem quite fair, I feel it's important to dispel the precept of showing favor to students, friends, or acquaintances.
My judging standards are:
In representational work:
In non-representational work:
2. Color harmony
Because these are guidelines I feel should be followed by all artists, any artist who has met the criteria set forth in my statement will be judged solely on those guidelines.
~Robert J. Krajecki
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
Illiana Artists Members
1-2 entries $25
1-2 entries $30
CHECKS AND MONEY ORDERS ONLY
Only checks and money orders will be accepted.
PAYABLE TO: ILLIANA ARTISTS
Payment must accompany all entries, along with completed entry form, entry labels, notification card and self-addressed, stamped envelope.
DELIVERY AND PICK-UP
Work must be delivered for judging to the
Chesterton Art Center between 11:00am and 4:00pm Thursday, August 20 through Saturday, August 22. Shipped work must be packed in a secure, re-usable box or crate and insured with return shipment pre-paid. Hand delivery is strongly recommended for fragile pieces, especially sculpture.
c/o Mary Ann Gradisher
7630 West 88th Ave
Crown Point, IN 46307
• Entries that are not accepted will be available for pick-up at the gallery from Thursday, August 27 through Friday, August 28 during regular business hours.
• Exhibited art will be available for pick-up at the gallery September 28-30 during regular business hours, or will be shipped if return shipping was provided.
For further information, please contact MaryAnn Gradisher, Exhibits Chair at (219) 617-2548 or email to email@example.com
Go to www.IllianaArtists.org/entryform for an editable (typeable) pdf.
This is a regional juried exhibition and open to artists 18 years and older living in Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan.
• All 2-D and 3-D fine art media are accepted (e.g. sculpture, glass work, oil, acrylic, watercolor, mixed media, photography, pastel, and drawing. No vector computer art or crafts.
• All 3-D work must be sculptural, hand-crafted or completely unique in design and execution. Work must be no more than two years old. All entries must be original concept and execution of the artist. No copies or prints of paintings, published photographs or other artist’s work will be accepted. No work done in class or under the tutelage of an instructor is eligible for entry, nor wet paintings, or work previously exhibited with either the Chesterton Art Center or Illiana Artists.
• 2-D works must be either gallery wrapped (finished edges and no exposed stables) or framed, and ready to hang with picture wire and eyelets (no saw-tooth), and shall not exceed a framed size limited of 42” in any direction. Plexiglas is preferred, especially for large pieces. Glass is acceptable for hand-delivered work only. White or neutral top mats are preferred.
• All freestanding sculptures must have a base and pedestal. No entered work may weigh more than 100 pounds.
• All entries must be available for sale and a 30% commission will be retained for all work sold.
• All entries must be ready for installation, but artist’s will not be permitted on installation day.